March 9, 2010

Why I Love Canada

Today I read one article and was reminded, why I do love this country. There are many reasons for it, but one of them is it's diversity.

When I was a kid, I remember, in our, that time soviet Georgia arrived some exhibition. Really interesting about this one was, that it was international and there were some stuff, such magazines, furniture, decorations and many other things from other (western) countries. I remember, that I got some of the magazines too. One was about technology and another one about photography. I couldn't read any English, but I often tried to guess content with attached graphics or photos. One little small screen, with thousand mini-people running as a wire and connecting many other screens, was looking weird. I was thinking for a long time, what all this could mean. However greatest impression was made only by some powerful posters.

I remember, one poster was showing simple handshake, of white and a black man. I didn't know that time anything what was going on in the U.S., but this poster shaped how I think. Then there was also different poster of our mother earth with all kind of people around it. I always looked to all of them carefully. I wished I could make friends with them. I wish we could be all together. And now here we are, I am in one country, but it feels as if I were in whole world at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this is something I value in Canada too. We are a multicultural house as well, with four languages between the two us (actually, maybe even more!). Even France isn't very multicultural, especially outside Paris and the big cities. In my high school, there was only one black guy!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about this post and it's topic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis