April 17, 2010

Do You Wear Uniform At Work?

Today I was thinking what I would wear, if I would care. I don't mean one piece of cloth or clothes, I was thinking about whole outfit. I realized that things I'm wearing now would no longer be in my wardrobe if I only had enough money, time and if I would think it's ok to invest energy in it, instead of something else and better. It was interesting to think: "what if". Today I let my thoughts flow in this direction. I was courious about my real style...

When I saw myself in my mind in my new outfit, which I would love to have ... Questions followed: Could I go like that at work? I don't think so. Would my husband be ok with it? I don't think either. So if I wear cloth, which I wouldn't wear by my choise, that means I wear uniform, right? Then I was wondering how many people wear it? When is my time? I mean when I can put on cloth I would like? On weekends? in Summer? one day? some day? :)

I'm not fashion girl, but I want to be me too. Maybe it's possible to balance between what you want to wear, what you can wear and what people want you to wear. Let's see.

2 comments:

  1. When I was teaching, the dress code was pretty informal, even clean jeans were okay. But the place I now work at has a strict dress code... men wear shirt & tie every day, even on Friday. A lot of women wear these pencil skirts and high heels.

    I'm a bit more casual but I admit I miss my jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you were teaching? French?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about this post and it's topic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis