April 5, 2010

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics About Caucasus

Some people ask me what Caucasus means, who Caucasians are and which language they speak. The word Caucasus refers to Caucasus mountains. So, Caucasian doesn't speak in this case about people's color, but the place. Caucasians aren't belonging to one ethnic group, or one nation. However, most people feel they are also Caucasians. I, for instance, am Georgian, but then I am Caucasian as well. We are not Russians. This is the question we most agree on, anything else may bring us to disagreement. :)

Nowadays North Caucasus, which includes among others Ingushetia, Dagestan and Chechnia, is part of Russia. South Caucasus remains independent and there we have three countries: Georgia, Azerbaijan and Armenia. I think this video helps you to make your first steps in Caucasus. Welcome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about this post and it's topic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis