April 22, 2012

Painting Amedeo Modigliani's paintings

Usually I paint because I have something to say. Nothing to say? - no painting. My drawing skills are not amazing, probably cause my main goal is not to paint well, but to communicate. Occasionally sharing ideas via drawings makes me quite happy.


Today though I need to paint for a different reason, to clean my brain from all the mess of the week and relax my mind. Therefore I was looking for inspirations on the net and in my magazines. On google art project I came across Amedeo Modigliani's 'Young Woman in a Shirt'. It looks wonderful. And what you think about this face? I think I can try it with my watercolors. Yes, that will be interesting.

Here's my version of Modigliani. I know, it feels and looks unlike original. Therefore doesn't metter what you paint, always comes across what you are saying.
Watercolors
Khatia Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about this post and it's topic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis